Electrical machinery and equipment and parts thereof; sound recorders and reproducers, television image and sound recorders and reproducers, and parts and accessories of such articles includes:
- Electric motors and generators (excluding generating sets)
- Electric generating sets and rotary converters
- Parts suitable for use solely or principally with electric motors and generators, electric generating sets and rotary converters, n.e.s.
- Electrical transformers, static converters, e.g. rectifiers, and inductors; parts thereof
- Electromagnets (excluding magnets for medical use); permanent magnets and articles intended to become permanent magnets after magnetization; electromagnetic or permanent magnet chucks, clamps and similar holding devices; electromagnetic couplings, clutches and brakes; electromagnetic lifting heads; parts thereof
- Primary cells and primary batteries, electrical; parts thereof (excluding spent)
- Electric accumulators, incl. separators therefor, whether or not square or rectangular; parts thereof (excluding spent and those of unhardened rubber or textiles)
- Vacuum cleaners, incl. dry cleaners and wet vacuum cleaners
- Electromechanical domestic appliances, with self-contained electric motor; parts thereof (excluding vacuum cleaners, dry and wet vacuum cleaners)
- Electric shavers, hair clippers and hair-removing appliances, with self-contained electric motor; parts thereof
- Electrical ignition or starting equipment of a kind used for spark-ignition or compression-ignition internal combustion engines, e.g. ignition magnetos, magneto-dynamos, ignition coils, sparking plugs, glow plugs and starter motors; generators, e.g. dynamos and alternators, and cut-outs of a kind used in conjunction with such engines; parts thereof
- Electrical lighting or signalling equipment (excluding lamps of heading 8539), windscreen wipers, defrosters and demisters, of a kind used for cycles or motor vehicles; parts thereof
- Portable electric lamps designed to function by their own source of energy, e.g. dry batteries, accumulators and magnetos; parts thereof (excluding lighting equipment of heading 8512)
- Industrial or laboratory electric furnaces and ovens, incl. those functioning by induction or dielectric loss; other industrial or laboratory equipment for the heat treatment of materials by induction or dielectric loss; parts thereof
- Electric, incl. electrically heated gas, laser or other light or photon beam, ultrasonic, electron beam, magnetic pulse or plasma arc soldering, brazing or welding machines and apparatus, whether or not capable of cutting; electric machines and apparatus for hot spraying of metals, metal carbides or cermets; parts thereof (excluding guns for spraying hot materials of heading 8424)
- Electric instantaneous or storage water heaters and immersion heaters; electric space-heating apparatus and soil-heating apparatus; electro-thermic hairdressing apparatus, e.g. hairdryers, hair curlers and curling tong heaters, and hand dryers; electric smoothing irons; other electro-thermic appliances of a kind used for domestic purposes; electric heating resistors (other than those of heading 8545); parts thereof
- Telephone sets, incl. telephones for cellular networks or for other wireless networks; other apparatus for the transmission or reception of voice, images or other data, incl. apparatus for communication in a wired or wireless network [such as a local or wide area network]; parts thereof (excluding than transmission or reception apparatus of heading8443,8525,8527 or8528)
- Microphones and stands therefor (excluding cordless microphones with built-in transmitter); loudspeakers, whether or not mounted in their enclosures; headphones and earphones, whether or not combined with a microphone, and sets consisting of a microphone and one or more loudspeakers (excluding telephone sets, hearing aids and helmets with built-in headphones, whether or not incorporating a microphone); audio-frequency electric amplifiers; electric sound amplifier sets; parts thereof
- Sound recording or sound reproducing apparatus
- Magnetic tape recorders and other sound recording apparatus whether or not incorporating a sound reproducing device
- Video recording or reproducing apparatus, whether or not incorporating a video tuner (excluding video camera recorders)
- Parts and accessories suitable for use solely or principally with sound reproducing and recording apparatus and with video equipment for recording and reproducing pictures and sound
- Discs, tapes, solid-state non-volatile storage devices, “smart cards” and other media for the recording of sound or of other phenomena, whether or not recorded, incl. matrices and masters for the production of discs (excluding products of chapter 37)
- Records, tapes and other recorded media for sound or other similarly recorded phenomena, incl. matrices and masters for the production of records (excluding products of chapter 37)
- Transmission apparatus for radio-broadcasting or television, whether or not incorporating reception apparatus or sound recording or reproducing apparatus; television cameras, digital cameras and video camera recorders
- Radar apparatus, radio navigational aid apparatus and radio remote control apparatus
- Reception apparatus for radio-broadcasting, whether or not combined, in the same housing, with sound recording or reproducing apparatus or a clock
- Monitors and projectors, not incorporating television reception apparatus; reception apparatus for television, whether or not incorporating radio-broadcast receivers or sound or video recording or reproducing apparatus
- Parts suitable for use solely or principally with transmission and reception apparatus for radio-telephony, radio-telegraphy, radio-broadcasting, television, television cameras, still image video cameras and other video camera recorders, radar apparatus, radio navigational aid apparatus or radio remote control apparatus, n.e.s.
- Electrical signalling, safety or traffic control equipment for railways, tramways, roads, inland waterways, parking facilities, port installations or airfields (excluding mechanical or electromechanical equipment of heading 8608); parts thereof
- Electric sound or visual signalling apparatus, e.g. bells, sirens, indicator panels, burglar or fire alarms (excluding those for cycles, motor vehicles and traffic signalling); parts thereof
- Electrical capacitors, fixed, variable or adjustable “pre-set”; parts thereof
- Electrical resistors, incl. rheostats and potentiometers (excluding heating resistors); parts thereof
- Printed circuits
- Electrical apparatus for switching or protecting electrical circuits, or for making connections to or in electrical circuits, e.g., switches, fuses, lightning arresters, voltage limiters, surge suppressors, plugs and other connectors, junction boxes, for a voltage 1.000 V (excluding control desks, cabinets, panels etc. of heading 8537)
- Electrical apparatus for switching or protecting electrical circuits, or for making connections to or in electrical circuits, e.g., switches, relays, fuses, surge suppressors, plugs, sockets, lamp holders and junction boxes, for a voltage = 1.000 V (excluding control desks, cabinets, panels etc. of heading 8537)
- Boards, panels, consoles, desks, cabinets and other bases, equipped with two or more apparatus of heading 8535 or 8536, for electric control or the distribution of electricity, incl. those incorporating instruments or apparatus of chapter 90, and numerical control apparatus (excluding switching apparatus for line telephony or line telegraphy)
- Parts suitable for use solely or principally with the apparatus of heading 8535, 8536 or 8537, n.e.s.
- Electric filament or discharge lamps, incl. sealed beam lamp units and ultraviolet or infra-red lamps; arc lamps; parts thereof
- Thermionic, cold cathode or photo-cathode valves and tubes, e.g. vacuum or vapour or gas filled valves and tubes, mercury arc rectifying valves and tubes, cathode ray tubes and television camera tubes; parts thereof
- Diodes, transistors and similar semiconductor devices; photosensitive semiconductor devices, incl. photovoltaic cells whether or not assembled in modules or made up into panels (excluding photovotaic generators); light emitting diodes; mounted piezoelectric crystals; parts thereof
- Electronic integrated circuits; parts thereof
- Electrical machines and apparatus, having individual functions, n.e.s. in chapter 85 and parts thereof
Insulated “incl. enamelled or anodised” wire, cable “incl. coaxial cable” and other insulated electric conductors, whether or not fitted with connectors; optical fibre cables, made up of individually sheathed fibres, whether or not assembled with electric conductors or fitted with connectors
- Carbon electrodes, carbon brushes, lamp carbons, battery carbons and other articles of graphite or other carbon, with or without metal, of a kind used for electrical purposes
- Electrical insulators of any material (excluding insulating fittings)
- Insulating fittings for electrical machines, appliances or equipment, being fittings wholly of insulating material apart from any minor components of metal, e.g., threaded sockets, incorporated during moulding solely for purposes of assembly (other than insulators of heading 8546); electrical conduit tubing and joints therefor, of base metal lined with insulating material
- Waste and scrap of primary cells, primary batteries and electric accumulators; spent primary cells, spent primary batteries and spent electric accumulators; electrical parts of machinery or apparatus, not specified or included elsewhere in chapter 85
Data from Delta Analysis and United States Census Bureau.
To download the data, click the cloud in the right corner at the bottom of the figure.
Pacific Asia – Australia, Brunei, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea (South), Macau, Malaysia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Philippines,Singapore, Taiwan.
Asia Near East – Bahrain, Gaza Strip Administered by Israel, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, United Arab Emirates, West Bank Administered by Israel, Yemen.
Europe – Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, UK.
Latin America – Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela.