Optical, photographic, cinematographic, measuring, checking, precision includes:
- Optical fibres and optical fibre bundles; optical fibre cables (excluding made up of individually sheathed fibres of heading 8544); sheets and plates of polarising material; lenses, incl. contact lenses, prisms, mirrors and other optical elements of any material, unmounted (excluding such elements of glass not optically worked)
- Lenses, prisms, mirrors and other optical elements, of any material, mounted, being parts of or fittings for instruments or apparatus (excluding such elements of glass not optically worked)
- Frames and mountings for spectacles, goggles or the like, and parts thereof, n.e.s.
- Spectacles, goggles and the like, corrective, protective or other (excluding spectacles for testing eyesight, contact lenses, spectacle lenses and frames and mountings for spectacles)
- Binoculars, monoculars, astronomical and other optical telescopes, and mountings therefor; other astronomical instruments and mountings therefor (excluding instruments for radio-astronomy and other instruments or apparatus specified elsewhere)
- Photographic cameras, photographic flashlight apparatus and flashbulbs (excluding discharge lamps of heading 8539)
- Cinematographic cameras and projectors, whether or not incorporating sound recording or reproducing apparatus (excluding video equipment)
- Image projectors, and photographic enlargers and reducers (excluding cinematographic)
- Photocopying apparatus incorporating an optical system or of the contact type and thermo-copying apparatus
- Apparatus and equipment for photographic or cinematographic laboratories, not elsewhere specified in chapter 90; negatoscopes; projection screens
- Optical microscopes, incl. those for photomicrography, cinephotomicrography or microprojection (excluding binocular microscopes for ophthalmology and instruments, appliances and machines of heading 9031)
- Electron microscopes, proton microscopes and diffraction apparatus
- Liquid crystal devices not constituting articles provided for more specifically in other heading; lasers (excluding laser diodes); other optical appliances and instruments not elsewhere specified in chapter 90
- Direction finding compasses; other navigational instruments and appliances (excluding radio navigational equipment)
- Surveying, incl. photogrammetrical surveying, hydrographic, oceanographic, hydrological, meteorological or geophysical instruments and appliances (excluding compasses); rangefinders
- Balances of a sensitivity of 50 mg or better, with or without weights
- Drawing, marking-out or mathematical calculating instruments, e.g. drafting machines, pantographs, protractors, drawing sets, slide rules, disc calculators; instruments for measuring length, for use in the hand, e.g. measuring rods and tapes, micrometres, callipers and other gauges, not elsewhere specified in chapter 90
- Instruments and appliances used in medical, surgical, dental or veterinary sciences, incl. scintigraphic apparatus, other electro-medical apparatus and sight-testing instruments, n.e.s.
- Mechano-therapy appliances; massage apparatus; psychological aptitude-testing apparatus; ozone therapy, oxygen therapy, aerosol therapy, artificial respiration or other therapeutic respiration apparatus
- Breathing appliances and gas masks (excluding protective masks having neither mechanical parts nor replaceable filters, and artificial respiration or other therapeutic respiration apparatus)
- Orthopaedic appliances, incl. crutches, surgical belts and trusses; splints and other fracture appliances; artificial parts of the body; hearing aids and other appliances which are worn or carried, or implanted in the body, to compensate for a defect or disability
- Apparatus based on the use of X-rays or of alpha, beta or gamma radiations, whether or not for medical, surgical, dental or veterinary uses, incl. radiography or radiotherapy apparatus, X-ray tubes and other X-ray generators, high tension generators, control panels and desks, screens, examination or treatment tables, chairs and the like
- Instruments, apparatus and models designed for demonstrational purposes, e.g. in education or exhibitions, unsuitable for other uses (excluding ground flying trainers of heading 8805, collectors’ pieces of heading 9705 and antiques of an age 100 years of heading 9706)
- Machines and appliances for testing the hardness, strength, compressibility, elasticity or other mechanical properties of materials, e.g. metals, wood, textiles, paper or plastics
- Hydrometers, areometers and similar floating instruments, thermometers, pyrometers, barometers, hygrometers and psychrometers, recording or not, and any combination of these instruments
- Instruments and apparatus for measuring or checking the flow, level, pressure or other variables of liquids or gases, e.g. flow meters, level gauges, manometers, heat meters (excluding instruments and apparatus of heading 9014, 9015, 9028 or 9032)
- Instruments and apparatus for physical or chemical analysis, e.g. polarimeters, refractometers, spectrometers, gas or smoke analysis apparatus; instruments and apparatus for measuring or checking viscosity, porosity, expansion, surface tension or the like; instruments and apparatus for measuring or checking quantities of heat, sound or light, incl. exposure meters; microtomes
- Gas, liquid or electricity supply or production meters, incl. calibrating meters therefor
- Revolution counters, production counters, taximeters, milometers, pedometers and the like (excluding gas, liquid and electricity meters); speed indicators and tachometers (excluding those of heading 9014 and 9015); stroboscopes
- Oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers and other instruments and apparatus for measuring or checking electrical quantities (excluding meters of heading 9028); instruments and apparatus for measuring or detecting alpha, beta, gamma, X-ray, cosmic or other ionising radiations
- Measuring or checking instruments, appliances and machines not elsewhere specified in chapter 90; profile projectors
- Regulating or controlling instruments and apparatus (excluding taps, cocks and valves of heading 8481)
- Parts and accessories for machines, appliances, instruments or other apparatus in chapter 90, specified neither in this chapter nor elsewhere
Data from Delta Analysis and United States Census Bureau.
To download the data, click the cloud in the right corner at the bottom of the figure.
Pacific Asia – Australia, Brunei, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea (South), Macau, Malaysia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Philippines,Singapore, Taiwan.
Asia Near East – Bahrain, Gaza Strip Administered by Israel, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, United Arab Emirates, West Bank Administered by Israel, Yemen.
Europe – Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, UK.
Latin America – Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela.